Saturday, December 25, 2010

EEG and Neurofeedback in the ROK Army

Last Sunday, I was invited to join a class as they visited the workplace of one of their classmates who works for the ROK (Republic of Korea) army. He works as part of the Intelligence Department and his job includes using QEEG (Electroencephalogram) and Neurofeedback, tools used to measure and improve brain activity and function.

Here he is explaining how QEEG works.



Here, I am playing a "bowling" game using neurofeedback--my level of concentration and relaxation determined the outcome of my bowling game. If only I could use this approach in real-life! (I probably can--just never thought about it anytime I bowled in the past). Neurofeedback training is used in particular to help individuals with ADHD and anxiety improve their concentration and relaxation.

No comments: