Sunday, July 31, 2011

Living in an Officetel in Korea

In May, my roommate (Jin-yi) and I moved from the university dormitory to an Officetel in downtown Cheonan.

An Officetel (I think it's a combination of "office" and "hotel") is a place where people can work and/or live. Ours is a one-room and includes a kitchen with a fridge/freezer, bathroom, washer/dryer, and storage.

Here's the "kitchen"...



And the hallway, with the fridge/freezer and closets on the left and a bathroom and more closets on the right...



Our Officetel is on the 16th floor with a view of the north part of the city and mountains...





Since the Officetel is downtown, it is easier to shop for food and transportation is really convenient. I also see other foreigners often, which I like. I miss the peaceful quiet of living in the country at the university but I still go there often so I can enjoy it then.

More about living in an Officetel and our surroundings later...

No comments: