Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Introducing...eatyourkimchi.com



Or should I say...Simon and Martina.

I've wanted to do this for a long time. Simon and Martina are Canadians--a married couple who originally came to Korea to teach English. They started making videos to share about the culture here and it has now developed into a full-time thing for them.

They do v-blogging about K-Pop (Korean pop music), Korean culture and food. Besides me, they've got quite a following, including people from all over the world. They have done videos about all of the interesting things I wanted to write about (see especially eatyourkimchi.com/archives). I think they do a really good job at presenting things in a way that shows their curiosity and humor. They acknowledge the cultural differences and their love for Korea, but also share their opinions.

Anyways, they make me laugh and feel like I'm not alone so I wanted to share. If any "foreigners" (as we're known here) are in or coming to Korea or if you are Korean and want to understand foreigners' experiences in Korea better, there's something for you on their website. If you've never experienced anything Korean, you might wonder what is going on, but if you become familiar with Korean culture, especially pop culture, it will all make sense...trust me. :)

No comments: