Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Opening of the Hongik Historic & Cultural Park

October 3rd is a national holiday in Korea to celebrate Korea's "birthday". In commemoration, a festival was held at UBE/Kookhakwon to celebrate the Opening of the Hongik (people working for the benefit of all humanity) Historic and Cultural Park.

Koreans, Japanese, Germans, Canadians and Americans joined together to mark this special day. A giant statue of Dangun, the founder of Korea, was unveiled as a symbol of a culture whose citizens worked for peace and the benefit of the earth and all of humanity.

During the festival, I joined with the staff of UBE and KIBS (Korea Institute of Brain Science) to promote I-Brain, a product that was developed by KIBS. Like I-Pod, I-Brain allows you to store music, videos, and text and download additional programs from the internet. I-Brain also has interactive programs for relaxation and to help stimulate different parts of the brain. The English version will be available in Spring of next year.

I really enjoyed watching people, young and old, enjoy relaxing and through Brain Wave Vibration and other programs.


Preparations for the Celebration are Underway under the watchful eye of Dangun

Canadians Gae and Gabriel practising for their performance




Dangun was everywhere!




UBE Colleagues at the I-Brain Booth

No comments: