Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Trip to E-Mart


Today I took a taxi by myself to E-mart (the Korean equivalent of Walmart) to buy some supplies I needed. From UBE, you have to call a taxi. It costs about 10, 000 won (or 10 USD) to get to Cheonan. The taxi driver asked me where I was from and told me his brother lives in Vancouver.

E-mart is clean and there are lots of people working there and giving out free samples of food and other products. Walmart couldn't compete in the South Korean market so the company that runs the E-mart stores bought it out in 2006.

These are pictures of the street E-mart is on. You can see the taxi stand and some building going on in the background (there is lots of construction happening in Cheonan, especially new apartment buildings outside of the city).

No comments: